something like that...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

So I have been tossing the party idea around. I think I want to throw a party for either Christmas or New Years. At the Ice casa. My vision is to have only a few close friends over (which could mean up to 20 or so), and have a fantastically "grown up" gathering. I want to put on a gathering like you see in the pages of In Style (which, fyi...for all you In Style lovers out there...they have this new Party book that is FANTASTIC! it makes me want one of my friends to get pregnant so i can throw them a fantastic baby shower. or throw an Oscar party or something...hence, the holiday party). You know, the kind you see when guests walk in and everything is so creative. Everything just flows....and there isnt a line forming to the garage to get keg beer.

I want to send invites out, but...is that cheesy? I want to serve fantastic food, and have fantastic music playing. I want everyone to be real, and get along with each other, and not segregate because girls are stupid.

*sigh* it all costs money, and takes a lot of effort. not sure if i am real great hostess anyways...i worry too much....and am not comfortable with people at a restaurant, let alone at my house. so, the thought is there...whether or not i put forth the effort...we shall see.

You all are invited though :)

maybe i will call it 'NEW YEARS EVER & RACHAEL IS 30" Party? heh.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Nikki said…

    I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have only hosted a couple of parties, and my husband always accuses me of stressing myself out too much. I clean every little nook and cranny of the house, because I want everything to be perfect. I spend ENTIRELY too much money getting JUST the right things...and honestly...we did all that last year for our holiday party, and it was over before 10pm. It was dissappointing. I think I forgot to schedule in time to let myself enjoy it!

    Since then, the smaller, more intimate groups have worked for me. I'm far less nervous that way!

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger jennifer said…

    DO IT!!!

    I LOVE hosting parties but our place is too small to do any...we maybe could do a wine & cheese and maybe I'll see if Matias is game (we have about 4058435 wine glasses and 50348 cheese plates)! and YES to the invitations - there are way too many MUST HAVE invitations out there - that's part of the fun!! I had a great time picking out our wedding related invitations (rehearsal and diva dinner...) that I miss searching for them and actually sometimes just look at invitations as an excuse to maybe have a party :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home