something like that...

Friday, December 09, 2005

So...while making myself breakfast this morning, my mother called on my cell phone...which i didnt answer because i just wanted to get out of the house and would call her on the way or at work. She had called work too...my dad had a heartattack last night. *silence* because i dont really know what to say or what to do. long story short, he had the heartattack at like 6 last night, and some how (long story...)was in Globe (which is a tiny little city about 50 minutes east of Phx/Mesa/Gilbert. He is Head of Emergency Medicine there)by 5am this morning. My mother got a call saying they were airlifting him to Good Samaritan in Phx (trauma center). When she called, she was just getting to the hospital. Apparently it wasnt a real bad one, but bad enough that he had heart damage, and they had to put a stint in his heart. I guess they say he is going to be okay, and will just need to be in the hospital until Sunday. Which is good...but is it? I am at a loss of what excatly to feel here. Scared to death, but not sure if thats the "correct" emotion.

It is odd though. My father is the epitome of good health. He works out everyday. He eats good food...low in "bad carbs", nothing fried, lots of veggies and fruit. He takes vitamins, and has for years. He has NEVER been overweight, or in bad health. He is very calm, serene. Very spiritual. So it is strange, medically, that he would have a heartattack. He has zero history of heart problems...his younger brother had a heart attack 10 or more years ago, but that was 100% stress related.

I am not quite sure what to do here...I feel like I should be on a plane, but then my mom is saying that I shouldnt and thats it isnt a big deal. I dont know what to do.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Nikki said…

    Sorry to hear about your Dad, Rach! I can empathize with you - i'd feel the same way - wanting to be with him now! I hope he has a quick recovery!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger jennifer said…

    Holy cow, Rach. I had no idea. Next time - EMAIL ME!!

    Matias & I will be thinking of you and your family.

    xoxoxoxo

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger a said…

    i'm sorry, rach. much love!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home