something like that...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

On the complete opposite side of the feelings spectrum...I went to the Doctor today.

**Disclaimer: Please be aware that I will most likely come across as bi-polar, as some posts will be extremely depressing and death related, while others will be about the creation and growth of new life...which is a joyous experience. ****

Anyway, yeah, went to the Doctor today. Good to know that I dont have to put my naked legs in stirrups at every visit during this 9 month marathon. In fact, I didnt even have to undress today...well except the top of my pants so she could listen to the heartbeat. I was just so excited that I didnt have to lie down and get probed with that stupid "spreader" thingy!

AND...they weighed me...and I lost 2 lbs. I know its probably not real smart or "motherly" to be excited about losing 2 lbs while preggers, but sheesh if I knew that all I had to do was eat whatever I wanted and not be so obsessed about working out to lose weight, I would have done this a long time ago! (kidding of course) They say its normal, and I suspect that the poundage will begin pack on soon. Regardless, I am healthy...the babe is healthy...so its all good.

AND I got to hear the heartbeat...did I mention that? I did, but it deserves to be mentioned twice! That is so cool! Its so cliche, I know, to say that hearing your baby's heartbeat never gets old and is the most amazing thing. But it really REALLY is! Its AMAZING that there is a little person, with a friggin heartbeat, INSIDE OF ME! I can hardly get my head around that!

AND, even more exciting is that my next appointment, at the end of March, is the ultrasound thingy. They asked me if we were going to find out the sex so they could make sure it was on the chart for the next appointment. Decision time! I said no. I want to be suprised...if I can stand it. Jonathon thinks he is going to be able to tell what it is, and just not tell me...but whatever. I think that is rude, and he should not know either.

So yeah. There you have it. I am sure most of you will tire of reading about pregnancy issues... between Bebe Nino and Ice Ice Baby...I think all you women out there even THINKING of ever having kids, will surely know what to expect.

(of course, it is NOT like you would EVER imagine it! even if it is explained to you in minute details...it still wont be something you could ever imagine.)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Nikki said…

    Everyone's having babies, maybe I should, too!

    Just kidding. ;) I do LOVE LOVE LOVE reading about this from both of you. It's just about the neatest thing ever, and i'm excited that you and Jen can go through it together.

    I told Mamacita Nino that maybe i'd catch y'all on the on the second round! :)

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger jennifer said…

    YAY!!! Rach - I think this is the perfect platform for you to express both the joy and grief that you are going through at the same time. I used to write my mom notes with things I couldnt say OUT LOUD to her and then RUN AWAY before she could respond...it's kind of what a online journal is like :)

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    nikki and i are the outsiders!

    good call on the second go-round, though.

    congrats!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home