something like that...

Monday, April 10, 2006

You know its bad when people start emailing you to update your blog ;) okay, not "people", only Jen has said anything...but when she starts itching for an update, you know i havent updated in a long time (since we email/chat a couple times a week).

So...update. ummm, still pregnant. I just read Jen's Bebe Blog from over the weekend, and sheesh, I cant believe that she is already 26 weeks!!!! Where the heck did the time go? And more importantly, why isnt the time going as fast with me?!?! I feel like I have been in this "inbetween" stage for like 6 months already! I am JUST hitting 20 weeks (which, okay...I have one calendar telling me that I am 19 weeks, and then I have another calender telling me I am almost 21 weeks. I tend to want to believe the calendar that says I am almost 21 weeks, but then...it just makes me realize that I really am not that far along). So...just starting the downward slope. I am AT the peak this week...woohoo! I still dont necessarity LOOK pregnant. Those that know, can see the pooch, but those just in passing dont have a clue other than maybe I have gained some weight.

However, I am finding out very quickly that pregnancy looks differently with everyone. Most of my friends are pregnat around here, and most of them that live far away are pregnant as well. Some of them are due (okay MOST of them) in August...so we are all like one week a part, or due on the same day. It is so strange, because some of the girls are showing a lot, and some of the girls that are farther along than i am are not even showing as much as I am. Its a little disconcerting if you are like me and tend to compare yourself with everyone else.

Also, the differences in prepardness. I would have to say that I am one of the LEAST prepared prenant chick among everyone. Like, for instance, most of my friends have checked out the hospital that they are going to give birth. Umm, havent even THOUGHT about it, other than I know where it is. Most of the girls have checked out birthing classes, pre-natal classes, father to be classes, etc. Umm...yeah, not I. Most of the girls have started looking at colors and registries, and researching child birth (natural vs drugged), breast-feeding (yes or no), blankets, diapers, strollers, cribs, breast pumps, soaps, lotions, onesies, booties, take home outfits, what they are going to pack for the hospital, and the list goes on. Umm...me? Yeah, I am lucky if it has even registered that I AM PREGNANT! Seriously, I have read some books (not all the way through), and read some magazines, and researched some stuff, but not extensive at all. I just feel so overwhelmed with everything, and have from the beginning. I mean, I am 100% focused on being pregant, but I just cant wrap my head around it all. Work, family, pregnant. I just cant seem to focus on any of it. Have you ever had one of those dreams where you can't see (because the sun is in your eyes, or you are so tired you cant keep your eyes open)? Thats how I feel all the time. I am just in this fog. I go to work, and its all in fog. I understand what is going to and am getting the work done, but for the life of me I cant remember WHAT needs to be done, and I cant quite seem to get organized to do it all.

Maybe thats the problem...I dont have time to get organized. I just feel like, since December, I havent had ANY time to get organized. I know I have been saying that since December, but I havent had a true break since before that! I have honestly worked most weekends since my Dad's funeral...and the weekends that I havent had to work (which has been honestly, like 4 total), I have just vegged because I am so lazy and tired of having to be somewhere. Yes, I veg after work most days...so I guess I could get stuff organized then. Work is so tiring though, the last thing i want to do afterwork is research strollers. I dont know...

Yeah, and Derby is a month away, and my life will officiall be all work, all the time until July 16.

With our luck, we wont even beging baby discussions until after July 16, and then I will have the child weeks early, and we wont be prepared at ALL! No name, not crib (cradle), no clothes, no diapers...nothing...and then I will spend the next 20 years trying to get organized from when the child was born!

Anyway. update...you asked for an update. well, we had our ultrasound a couple weeks ago, I was told by the ultrasound lady that it was really early to be having one. Hey, I was just told that this is the appointment I needed to have it. I would have liked to have waited a couple more weeks, so that the little tyke was bigger, but whatever. We got the baby's picture taken :) SO cute! Apprently he/she isnt real active...which would explain why I dont really feel him/her move too much. Not sure if this is a good sign or a bad one. Also, he/she is really shy...according to the ultrasound chick. Again, I think he/she would have been more apt to 'perform' if he/she were a couple weeks older. But, again, what the heck do I know?

Everyone was/is healthy though. Two weeks ago, he/she was only 7 oz. I have another appt on the 25th. Which, they will just make me pea in a cup and write down however much I have gained and send me on my way. Woohoo! Oh, and listen to the heartbeat, which is always way too short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home