something like that...

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

yeah, yeah, yeah...it has been a while. call it too busy with work to do anything other than work...

regarless. so, July 4. which means I am 32 weeks...8 weeks away from my due date. 2 months, but just starting my 8th month (since a pregnancy is actually 10 months, or 9 FULL months). 8 months, yikes. What have I accomplished in getting ready for this child? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I did purchase two packs of diapers the other day, so at least IF I do go early...the child wont be pooping on the couch (well, unless he chooses to while his diaper is off). I have purchased a couple little packs of onesies...they are SO cute! Other than that, nadda...still just waiting to be able to have a moment to breathe and think about being pregnant. I have registered, which is good, at least other people will know what to get me ;) I do have showers being planned...3 of them (is that greedy?). One work, one family, and one friends. again...I am feeling a little on the greedy side by having all three, BUT they all offered, and how do you say no? Anyways, so hopefully this little tyke will hold off until at least the beginning of August, so that we can get some things in order. Although, I do have a feeling that I am going to be late, which doesnt excite me at all. I dont seem to be a real patient person when it comes to big life changes like this. I am just anxious to see the little guy and to actually KNOW what it feels like to be a Mom, and to start having those experiences. Although, that might be a sign that I am just not quite mentally prepared with the AMOUNT of change our lives are going to take.

So, pregnancy...let me try to explain it. Ummm...right now, I find it very frustrating and have been getting somewhat depressed. The changes your body takes are completely out of your hands...and for someone who LIKES to TRY and control everything, its still a tough adjustment. At this stage, everything is just going down hill. Cellulite...YUCK! Boobs...ummm...GROSS! Big ol' belly....KINDA cute and just bizaar! I mean, I was sitting in the car yesterday and I looked down, and my legs look like they are midget leges because my stomach covers half of them up! I cant see the top half of my legs! Its just odd.

Then the whole baby moving thing. I think he is having a one man party in there...SERIOUSLY! This kid KNOWS how to party apparently! He rarely calms down, and is most active at night, when I am trying to relax and go to sleep. Last night I was having dreams that he was kicking me so hard I couldnt breathe. BUT I dont know if he was really kicking me so hard and it was included in my dream, or if I really was just dreaming it. Regardless, he likes to ball up on one side of my tummy, and lately his place of choice happens to be underneath my ribs. It is THE most uncomfortable feeling. It doesnt hurt, it is just odd. I get the feeling he isnt too fond of the womb, which of course worries me and makes me think I have already been a bad mother (yes, I AM THAT neurotic!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home